Friday 12 June 2015

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published by: Square Fish Macmillan Publishers
Published year: 2012
Pages: 387
Format: Paperback
Source: MPH bookstore

I want this!

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl...
Sixteen-year-old Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past and is reviled by her step-mother. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future. Because there is something unusual about Cinder, something that others would kill for.

SPOILERS ALERT

Do you like fairy tales? What? You're bored of classic fairy tales? You may want to consider to hold that back.

This is an AMAZING story retelling book. It absolutely blew my mind! The author sure knows how to retell a story. This book features Cinderella on a different way, kinda like a futuristic-past. Do you get what I'm trying to say? There's a substance in this book, in this story, it pulls you into the world in side the book. It makes me fill like I know Cinder, her happiness, her frustration, her eagerness, because I also don't want to be stuck in a evil-greedy-ignorant-blinded-by-money-step-mother who sends you to die willingly just for an experiment. No thanks.

This is a good YA book for not only teens like me, but also adults and children as well. This story is beautiful, not only did the author bring out the characteristics of all the characters in the book, but also let the love between Cinder and Prince Kai slowly develop, not the love-at-first-sight (or was it on?) you see on most YA romance book. But don't worry parents who are reading! There's only kiss in this book. NO HOT SCENES. I promise.

Overall this book is great for all of you who are fans of the classic fairy tale Cinderella. I don't know if I'm going to reread this in the future because I don't really like the beginning of the book (or was it the writing style of the author?) It just contain too many mysteries. But, great book!

" I am not worth starting a war over."


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book! Although it was sort of predictable, I didn't think it would be anything less because it was a retelling. But as I tell many it was more so how we got there then what the ending was. And I simply loved each and every character. The series only gets better!

    Check out my recent review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/06/the-book-thief-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! Marissa Meyer is such a great author, she is able to transform a short story into a long fiction. I will check out your review and see what you say about it! :)

      Delete